Here’s what you can do with Google Earth on your iCandy iPhone:
- Tilt your iPhone to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
- View the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
- View geo-located Wikipedia articles
- Use the ‘Location’ feature to fly to your current location
- Search for cities, places and business around the globe with Google Local Search
It’s free, so you have no excuse for trying it out. If you’re still not sure if it’s worth the “install” click you’d have to sacrifice, you can check out the video below:
PS. This post comes via the Admirals Club at LAX. I still have about 12 more hours of traveling today, but will be back up to speed tomorrow.