Linky Goodness, November 21
Psst—it’s Friday. Partay.
- Bad news for the SEO industry: we’ve seen the elephant. We’ve jumped the shark. We’ve made USA Today’s Small Business Strategies column.
- SEO Blackhat says that they’ve Confirmed that Bounce Rate is A Search Engine Ranking Factor. Well, from their graphs, I see that their overall traffic, Google traffic and bounce rate all declined at the same time. But if I remember my Google Analytics correctly, bounce rate going down actually means that fewer people are leaving your site after viewing just one page, so your site is stickier. So Google rewards sites that people leave quickly with higher rankings and thus more traffic? I’m not convinced. Correlation still isn’t causation—couldn’t it be that Google traffic dropped off (for whatever reason) and then a higher proportion of visitors are the loyal visitors who weren’t bouncing anyway?
- Here’s one idea sure to help your SEO (not): if your site’s not coming up on a search for your name, especially if you’re a law firm, sue Google. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
- Most businesses cut back in economic times like these. But Business Week reports that Facebook’s doing the opposite
- First, Facebook Connect partnered with Citysearch. Now is an Open Beta of Google Friend Connect Coming Soon? The very similar product has been in limited beta since its announcement—will this be enough to help it take off?
- So that’s who’s still on MySpace—everyone. BlackBerry’s new MySpace app has already shattered the download record.
- First they got the search deal with T-mobile, now Yahoo’s got a New beta version of m.yahoo.com coming soon.