When Yahoo announced its BOSS Custom search engine, I was pretty excited to see how it might improve on the limited (reverse chronological only) search results of the default WordPress search engine. Unfortunately, after heading to the sign-up page, I was greeted with a "invite-only program" slap on the hands.
OK, I thought. If Yahoo BOSS is not available to the regular "Joe Blogger" let’s find a solution that is. That’s when I turned to our friends at Quintura and discussed adding Quintura Site Search to Marketing Pilgrim. What a difference in attitude. Not only is Quintura Site Search open to all bloggers, but it’s free and easy to install!
A quick sign-up process led to a brief wait while our pages were indexed then, voila! An intelligent site search solution (test it here), complete with a keyword cloud and, even better, back-end analytics. Yes, now I can see what each of you are searching for and how often–tell me that’s not valuable for coming up with the topic of your next blog post!
Here’s what else you get:
- Customize the sources for your site search–our site search also includes results from our job board.
- Customize the tag cloud with links to your most important pages–complete with icons, so they stand out.
- In-depth analytics on keywords searched, frequency, etc.
- An optional search widget to add to your sidebar or footer.
- Add your own search ads or let Quintura arrange them for you.
If you’re looking for a powerful site search solution for your blog, give Quintura a test drive–just don’t tell the BOSS.