The Flickr blog announced yesterday some exciting improvements/upgrades to Flickr’s mobile capabilities. As we all continue to flock to smart phones, I imagine we’ll be seeing more and more changes like these.
What can you expect from their new mobile site?
- The mobile site has been completely redesigned (it can be accessed at m.flickr.com)
- You can now view Flickr videos on your mobile phone (only for iPhone and iPod Touch users at the moment)
- The activity stream has been improved and is now synched to your main Flickr.com settings
- You can now favorite and comment on photos
- Improvements have been made to simplify adding, finding and managing contacts
- Emailing and browsing have also been made easier to use
As a BlackBerry user I’m jealous about the video upgrade, but I’m sure the Flickr team will be working on a way to bring it to BB phones soon.
Don’t forget, you can also access MarketingPilgrim’s mobile site at m.marketingpilgrim.com!