Marketing News Roundup, December 3-4
Is it Thursday already? Sheesh—I got to get movin’ on those Christmas presents from online retailers! Or should I wait until Dec 15 to give Green Monday an extra push? Hm…
- Admit it—you think you could win big on a game show. Here’s your chance: the SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest. For real!
- Techmeme gives up—sorta. Admitting that “Automated news doesn’t quite work,” the news aggregator announces it’s hiring a human editor.
- Yahoo Music lets yet another thing go as CBS takes over its radio offering.
- Just what you’ve always wanted: MySpace Streaming Video for Mobile.
- Are you a musician in your free time? (What? I am.) You can now participate in a worldwide collaborative symphony—through YouTube. I’m not totally convinced, though, that this is going to be the same kind of experience that participating in music making can be—unless of course you do get to Carnegie Hall. (Really. They’re playing Carnegie Hall. So get those audition tapes in!)
- I know you’re ready for some good news about the economy, so here it is. MySpace sees the coming year as their chance to pick up startups on the cheap. It’s a buyers’ market, baby.