I just know you want a marketing news update on a Saturday. You’re probably as bored as I am. That’s sad.
- Remember how we mentioned that YouTube is giving users the option (well, mostly requiring them, it sounds like) to remove the audio from their videos? YouTube still offers music choices, but apparently even their AudioSwap options aren’t immune to copyright infringement. Getting permission FTW.
- Want to get into video advertising?Google and SpotMixer are launch self-service video ads, so maybe that’ll be enough to help you get started.
- Yahoo’s really integrating its SearchMonkey apps, with Wikipedia SearchMonkey App now defaulted to on.
- Is it true? RWW says that Twitter may have found its business model—selling friends. Meanwhile, another Twitter app is raising funding. (No word on whether they’ll be able to make money, either, at this point.)
- Yahoo, MySpace and YouTube are excited about their new Widget Channel and bringing Internet video to TV. But TV over the Web is still a “fuzzy picture”, though it’s possible that the Wiimote may bring a good YouTube living room experience.
- The first Australian Gphone has been put on hold indefinitely because of “future interoperability issues.” Riiight.