This increase further distances YouTube from its competitors. According to comScore this is the latest market-share breakdown of online video properties for U.S. online video viewing:
Other notable statistics from the report:
- Google video sites also surpassed 100 million viewers in December.
- 78.5 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 309 minutes of video, or more than 5 hours.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.2 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 10.1 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.