Twitter Addicts, this Post is For You!
If you can’t get enough of Twitter, then this post is for you.
If you’ve had enough of Twitter, then the good news is we’ve contained today’s Twitter news inside one post that you can now safely ignore!
Here’s the latest Twitter buzz:
- Hitwise looks at how data flows to and from Twitter. Interesting: Twitter sent nearly 20% of its downstream traffic to other social networks. The data also suggests that more people use Twitter like a social network, than as a search engine.
- Now, if you want to get the most out of Twitter “the search engine” you might want to check out Search Cloudlet–a Firefox plugin. Search Cloudlet adds tag clouds to Twitter Search and individual Twitter profiles.
- How much would you pay to get 250,000 followers on Twitter? Well, Jason Calacanis would be happy to cough up $125,000 a year if Twitter would include his profile on its “suggested users” list. The suggest users list is shown to all new Twitter users and Calacanis obviously believes that there’s a lot of value in being on that list.
- Meanwhile Dave “the conscience of the web” Winer thinks Twitter’s suggest users list is a bad, bad idea.
- Lastly, Danny Sullivan looks at Twitter as a “help engine.” If you don’t have the attention span–or free hour–to read the entire monster post, just skip to the end and you’ll see his summary.