Even after taking the step of firing the employee who posted an amusing yet incredibly misguided tweet to Chrysler’s Twitter account, social media agency New Media Strategies out of Arlington, VA has been fired by Chrysler. The tweet that caused the hubbub read:
There was then a move to make nice
Then there was this statement from Chrysler as reported in the USAToday
Chrysler Group LLC will not renew its contract with New Media Strategies (NMS) for the remainder of 2011. NMS has agreed to support us with an orderly transition until a new agency has been named. We thank them for the work they have provided to us and wish them the best as they move forward.
Social media agency takeaways
- Watch who you hire because people can be incredibly stupid
- Watch who you give the keys to regarding client accounts
- Keep selling because accounts come and go
Companies using social media agency takeaways
- Consider bringing social media activities in house
- Find out who has access to accounts if you choose that route
- Be careful who you trust
Anything to add, Pilgrims?