Part of that consistency has been upgrades that it makes on a pretty regular basis. They are not the big splash but they are good. Like yesterday’s real-time updates (which is the screenshot below).
From the LinkedIn blog we learn
Launching today is our new notifications feature, which will keep you notified in real-time when someone likes what you’ve shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more.
Here’s what you’ll see: a notification flag at the top of your homepage and a new Inbox envelope icon. A red circle appears when you have something new, such as comments or likes on your shares, an accepted connection request, new inMails and more. This new feature is all part of our ongoing effort to make it easier to keep engaging discussions going with your network.
Pretty cool. Not a grand slam but a solid double.
As for the mobile side? We hear from the blog
Today, we’re happy to share a bunch of new mobile features:
On iPhone and Android:
- Get notified: We will keep you notified in real-time when someone likes what you’ve shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more.
- Company pages goes mobile: Find out which connections work at the companies you care about, see recent news and updates from the company, and learn about current job openings.
- Don’t want your employer to know you’re looking?: We’ve recently added access to job listings and jobs you may be interested in directly within your mobile update stream.
On the iPad:
- We speak 6 new languages: Did you know more than 60% of our members are based outside the US? Today, we launched in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean. More to come.
- Notifications and Company Pages: Also available on iPad!
Here is a slideshare ‘show’ of these mobile updates which shows an apparent bias for iOS devices. It must be that time of the year.
How are you using LinkedIn these days?