LinkedIn, the social media network for professionals, has reached the 100 million mark. That’s 100 million members, from 200 countries with an additional one million members (on average) joining every week.
What do you think about that? I think, who knew? LinkedIn has been the little engine that could, quietly chugging away while cousins Facebook and Twitter make all the noise. Why is that? And is that a good thing?
While you ponder those questions, here are some bullet points from LinkedIn:
The largest sectors on LinkedIn are Service, Finance and High Tech
- 6 million+ sales professionals
- 4 million+ engineers
- 4 million+ IT professionals
- 2.5 million+ finance professionals
- 1.4 million+ accounting professionals
- 1.4 million+ creative folks (Hey, I’m one of those.)