Facebook reported their Third Quarter 2013 results this week and for a few hours the world was good.
- Daily active users (DAUs) were 728 million on average for September 2013, an increase of 25% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs were 874 million as of September 30, 2013, an increase of 45% year-over-year. Mobile DAUs were 507 million on average for September 2013.
Revenue for the third quarter of 2013 totaled $2.02 billion, an increase of 60%, compared with $1.26 billion in the third quarter of 2012.
- Revenue from advertising was $1.80 billion, a 66% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 49% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2013.
- Payments and other fees revenue was $218 million for the third quarter of 2013.