By Brent D. Payne
[Andy's note: This is a long, but interesting post. So, we'll divide it up and you'll get to read the second part of Brent's day after lunch]
This year there was a session at SMX East about the day in the life of an in-house SEO. Most of the session can be summed up in the following bullet points.
- You need upper management buy-in.
- You need to evangelize/train
- Get involved in several areas of the development process
- Reporting/analytics and explaining the value of yourself and SEO
- Make really cool videos like this one:
While the session was interesting and wildly entertaining thanks mainly to Laura’s video, I didn’t hear the finer details that I would’ve liked to have heard.