At OMMA Video, Dynamic Logic’s Research Director, Kara Manatt, released the results of a study on consumers’ responses to various online advertising, MediaPost reports.
In a survey of a representative cross-section of 950 Americans, participants were asked about their views of various online advertising media. The break down:
- 55% took a “strongly negative” view of pop-ups and pop-unders.
- 31% were strongly negative on online video ads. (As MediaPost notes, “That’s an easy win against infamously annoying ad formats.”)
- 27% took a strongly negative view of “advergames.” (Which, I think, would have been higher had they known what the heck you’re talking about. C’mon, taze the gnome games are less annoying?)
- 21% were strongly negative on skyscraper ads.
- 18% had a negative view of banner ads.