Google has just announced the limited launch of Google Gadget Ads, a new interactive ad format that will run on their content network. Unlike Google AdWords’ existing array of text, video and graphical ads, Google Gadget Ads are designed to be interactive, can be built using HTML or Flash, and support both cost-per-click (CPC) and cost-per-impression (CPM) pricing models (more specs here).
Here’s the rundown on Google Gadget Ads:
- The ads are interactive
- Google Gadget Ads can incorporate real-time data feeds
- Different targeting options – contextual, site, geographic, and demographic
- Built on an open platform – open to anyone
- They can be placed on any web page, including iGoogle
- Detailed interaction reports – track dozens of actions within each ad unit