Last month, JupiterResearch reported that 48% of Internet marketers would venture into social media marketing this year. This month they were involved in the research behind iProspect‘s Social Networking User Behavior Study (press release). The result? Some pretty good stuff.
- 1 in 3 Internet users state that social networks have influenced their purchase decisions.
- 1 in 4 Internet users visit the most popular social networking sites at least once a month.
- About 20% of visitors to social networking sites don’t search once they’ve reached the site.
- Search engines still reach a broader audience than social networking sites, thus SEM is still a very important aspect of Internet marketing. (Of course iProspect found that!)
- The social networking sites featured in the study included: