Advertising.com has released a study that indicates that 66% of Internet users age 18 and up surveyed viewed online video content at least once a week. Advertising.com divided their results into two age demographics: 18 to 34 and 35 and up.
Key findings for each demographic included:
- 18 to 34
- 44% of online video viewers fell into this age group.
- Most popular video-related activities: watching TV episodes online, creating videos and forwarding clips to friends.
- Prefers streaming entertainment (music videos, TV shows, movie trailers).
- 35 and up
- A whopping 56% of online video viewers were age 35 or over.
- More likely to stream news and sports clips.