By Eric Hebert.
1. Set up a blog
The first thing Jesus would have to do is set up that blog. I’d have him get started using WordPress and hacking an open-source theme, tweaking the CSS and adding a custom header with his logo. After setting up the proper categories and options (for instance fixing the permalinks option), we’d have to install several plug-ins to ensure his new site gets indexed properly by the search engines and acts a little more user friendly:
- Making sure his title tags and meta descriptions are being generated properly.
- Avoiding any duplicate content issues with a teaser plug-in.
- Configuring his anti-spam plug-in by signing up for his Akismet key.
- Adding a contact form.
- Displaying his most popular posts in the sidebar (Jesus likes three columns, like the holy trinity).
- A site-map generator, to help those who are lost, or just seeking a little guidance.